Sunday, January 13, 2008

Contribution ?!

Every human being in this world is born to make a difference that’s why we have 6 senses. But some leave this world without using that 6th sense; they live and die without contributing anything to the world or to their fellow beings. We can argue that in this competitive world we don’t have time to share thinks and some may say even why should we do so?

Contribution in the sense I doesn’t mean that we should do anything physically to others by donating food, clothing to poor people or to educate poor. I didn’t mean that we should service the people in need. I know it’s not possible for everyone and even for me in some cases. The contribution according to me cannot be measured with any scale. We should make a difference by doing this contribution in any form or shape or dimension.

I thought of sharing this topic to create an idea in your mind about the concept of contributing. But we humans are already contributing to this world in many forms. Let me explain them in following lines. I am not mentioning the regular contribution that we generally do like giving money alone.

According to me even blogging is a contribution to this world. We are contributing to our fellow beings in writing form. We make them to think, we share our views and thoughts. Others may accept or diverge from our words but the impact we made in their mind is permanent. I will say even decency we maintain in the public places is also a contribution to our company. When we maintain the decorum it will create a positive aspect about your company in people who is not related you which is your contribution. I can say that the help you do for a person who is completely new to your city in finding out a place with pleasant smile on your face is a contribution for your city. When we plant a new tree in our garden it is a contribution to our mother earth for future. When we help our friends in teaching them some difficult concepts, it is also a contribution u make which will raise your figure in their mind and make your bonding stronger.

Like wise I will say that these are small and little contributions that we do to in our day to day life which may be small in scale according to us but they make a great impact in others. But we can still make a difference in this world. We can change this world by contributing a little extra which will give us the happiest thing in this world- STATISFACTION

I may not be experienced to say this but I’m telling this as my part of some meaning full contribution to my fellow humans. You can comment on me or reject my views or even support me. I am happy to accept anything.

Casting vote in election: How many of us are doing this without fail. This is actually a duty of each and every citizen but I am saying as contribution since the figures of voting percentage is derailing. Now this is the greatest contribution a person can make to his country.

Child labor: Even the government has passed law regarding abolishing child labor in India. But it still exists in many places. I know many of us will not volunteer to lodge any complaint for our personal reasons. But the smallest thing we can do is just to remind the owner of the shop and the child about the law. I know it may merely have an impact but, it can be the smallest level of contribution that we can do.

I guess the above said ones are not so difficult for us to follow. Let’s leave all these since election is once in 5 years matter and child labor is a national problem. Let me figure out the common day to day things were our contribution can help us to get satisfaction.

Many of ours will have servants in their house for domestic purposes. So, smiling at them daily morning when we see them may create a positive environment for them to work. An old lady near your house may want your help to dial a number. This will make them happy and create a confidence in their mind there are people to help them. Maintaining your room neatly is the greatest contribution that you can make for your parents. Wishing your gold old friends surprisingly or talking with them after long gap or arranging a get-together with them will be a richest contribution that you can make for your friendship. Going to your hometown to celebrate festivals once a year is a kind of contribution, you make in preserving the culture.

Thus these are some of the ways in which we can contribute to our persons who are around us. There so many ways still in which the satisfaction can be achieved. These are some of the ways where there is nothing to spend from our pocket or nothing to provide physically. But these are surely recognized as your contributions.

Many of the contributions that I have mentioned come under help or duty. But all these help, duty cannot be achieved unless the person involved is interested. It’s their own act which comes as contribution. I can say even more generalized things like obeying traffic rules, saving water. But I wanted to quote those things which we come across daily and which can be followed by everyone even after reading this. My words may or may not create any impact on others. But this is my contribution to keep these words for you.

Meet you all in next topic.

2 comments:

Preethi said...

MOKKKKA MOHANNNNNNNNNNNNN

Unknown said...

enga irundhu da kelambureenga....
"Thiruvalluvar kalai koodam vazhangum"
ve.Sekar iyakathil.... madri iruku. ;)
kudumba padam venam da...suit aagala. oru action/romance/comedy illa masala padam edhavadhu try pannu da.